STEPS TO OWNING A HOME
Register online at www.hapsengland.com/register-your-interest.php or visit any one of our sales and marketing offices to obtain a copy of the registration form from our sales personnel.
Selection of units will be on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Upon selecting the unit, you will be issued a Sales Proforma and the receipt for the initial down payment. The Sales Proforma will contain the particulars of the property (ties) that you have purchased.
You must execute all the Sales Documents comprise of Sale and Purchase Agreement (SPA) and other relevant documents (if any) at our appointed solicitor's office upon settlement of the 10% down payment within 14 days from the date of confirmation of sale.
You are advised to apply for end-financing facility instantly upon confirmation of sales.
A panel of bankers have been appointed to provide loans to those who qualify, but the final decision lies with you as you are free to choose any bank/finance company of your choice. The documents required to apply a loan are:-
- A copy of the Sale and Purchase Agreement /Sales Proforma/Booking deposit from the housing developer
- Photocopy of your NRIC (Malaysian)/passport (Foreigners)
- A copy of your last 3 month's pay or your last 6 month's bank statement (if self-employed
- A copy of Income tax return/EA form for the past 3 years
- Letter of confirmation on income and years of service from your employer
- Submission of loan application form with the necessary documents.
- Assessment by bank/finance company.
- Letter of Offer upon approval from bank/finance company.
- The Letter of Offer fully signed by you as acceptance of the offer and returned to the bank/finance company with a copy to the developer.
- Bank/finance company's letter of instruction to their solicitor to prepare the loan document which may be either:
- Deed of Assignment and Loan Arrangement (for Strata Units); or
- Memorandum of Transfer Form 14A and Charge Form (Landed units with individual titles).
- Letter from bank/finance company advising you to execute loan documents at solicitor's office.
- Loan documents forwarded to bank/finance company for execution.
- Loan documents returned to solicitors who will forward to developer for execution of Memorandum of Transfer.
- Executed loan documents returned to solicitor for stamping and registration. Stamped loan documents forwarded to bank/finance company for safe keeping. A copy each is given to purchaser and developer.
- Bank/finance company will release payments to developer progressively in accordance to the Third Schedule of the Sale and Purchase Agreement upon receipt.
- A Handing over of vacant possession letter/notice will be sent to purchaser notifying one to take vacant possession. Usually an appointment is made to ensure both parties are present so the developer’s representative can brief the purchaser on the developer’s warranty and liability.
- Purchaser are given 14 days from the date of receipt of the notice/letter to settle all outstanding bills (inclusive of other charges) before collecting the house keys at the handing over of vacant possession.
- Upon full payment of monies as dictated under the Third Schedule of the Sale & Purchase Agreement, a joint inspection of the vacant possession is arranged.
- The joint inspection is to ensure that all specifications as per the Sale and Purchase Agreement are provided and to identify any defects for rectification. All complaints or defect claims must be done in writing and will be attended by us throughout the defects liability period (normally 24 months).
Any defects caused by the purchasers due to renovations and modifications works will not be subject to rectification under the liability period.
Purchasers are to check with the developer and apply to the local council before any renovation is to be carried out.
Any renovation affecting the structure of the original building will immediately void the liability period.